We held our third and final Blanket Party of the year on Tuesday, December 15th. At this party we made a total of 388 blankets, bringing our total for the year to 682, and our total for the program to 1,316.
For those unfamiliar with the program, a couple of times each year we host a big party that brings the community together to make fleece tie-blankets for Dayton-area homeless shelters and Dayton Children’s Hospital. The program started in 2013, where we held one party that had about 70 guests make 130 blankets.
In 2014, we expanded the program to include two parties, where we were able to make 508 blankets.
This year, we expanded the program to four events with three blanket-making events. We partnered with Warped Wing to host a party at their brewery, as well as Fifth Street Brewpub to guest bartend to raise money to buy fleece, both to great success.
Next year we hope to get more Dayton businesses involved and expand the program further – but we need your help! We are always looking for suggestions and volunteers. If you participated in the program in anyway this year, please fill out this quick, 2-question survey so that we can better help our community. If you would like, you can also sign up for our mailing list to receive all the updates and news regarding The Blanket Program.
We would like to give special thanks to:
- Doug Dodge and Forged by Fire, our partners in The Blanket Program
- Corey and Party Pleasers for DJing our events all year
- Jay and Liftoff Entertainment for providing the photobooth for our events
- Warped Wing Brewing Company for letting us in their house to host a Blanket Party
- Fifth Street Brewpub, especially Dave, Brandon, and Lucy for letting us in their house to raise money for The Blanket Program
- Cake, Hope & Love for donating cupcakes to The Birthday Blanket Bash
- Jon Graham Pottery for donating pots for the raffle
- Danielle and Grotto Designs for designing our event posters
- Steve, Shelly and Gordon Food Service for donating their time and food to The Blanket Program
- The countless friends, family, and volunteers that have spent their time over the last three years making this program into what it is today
Keep on the lookout, we plan to announce the dates for next year’s Blanket Parties soon! If you want to join the mailing list to get all the up-to-date news on The Blanket Program, fill out the survey above or email Jeremy at email@example.com!